Monday, April 19, 2010

In-House Physical Therapy and Choking Episode Today

Zander is having an ok day from what I have heard from my parents. He did have a chocking episode earlier in the morning. I don't know if it while he was asleep or awake. It doesn't really matter when I guess. It was still an episode. My folks said that he had lots of smiles for PaPa and MiMa.

Zander qualifies for in-home physical therapy and out-patient therapy at Mayo in Rochester, MN. I believe that the in-home therapy is arranged through the school district in Dodge Center, MN. The in-home therapist came in today around 1 p.m. I think my parents were still there. I am curious to know what they thought of it and what they observed him and the therapist do. I pray for any progress.

Jamie, his mom, probably has an ulcer. She is under so much stress. She isn't sleeping well either because she is afraid she won't hear him if he chokes during the night. It is a very scary and serious situation.

I am praying that when my sisters attend the conference in St. Louis that they take information back that can help Zander. His eye doctor is going to be presenting at the conference. From what I understand, there will be other parents there who have kids like Zander. Perhaps, they can offer insight on how Jamie can help Zander. His family doctor wants Jamie to bring back as much information to her as possible. She isn't familiar with his disease. However, she wants to learn and isn't afraid to reach out to other doctors who do. She has a heart.

For those who do not know Zander's mom, Jamie and my baby sister, she is a red head that is very stubborn. She will fight tooth and nail for what she believes in. She believes in Zander and she believes in the fact that she is strong enough to help him achieve to his fullest potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment