Sunday, May 9, 2010

I am Seeing Signs of Progress in Zander


I enjoyed getting to spend the week with Zander even though it was finals week at college for me. When I wasn't studying, him and I would play on the floor. He is getting where he can sit up a little bit longer on the floor without losing his balance. He may be able to sit for 15-30 seconds before he starts to topple over to the front or the back. This is major progress.

He is also giving fives. If you stick your hand out, he will give fives to you. He is able to do this with both hands.

He is also very active in his bouncy chair. He is really favoring one leg over the other though when he jumps. He tends to use his right leg more. However, he can do it for longer time periods. He is also enjoying the toys that are on the bouncy chair.

I also tryed to get him to "stand" on my lap. He was able to do it longer before his legs would fold underneath him. This just shows that his body is getting stronger.

When Jamie was at the conference, she learned that kids with the congenital form of Myastania Gravis can walk. However, it is delayed. If they are able to walk, it occurs in the age range of 3-4. We will never give up hope that Zander can walk. God works miracles every day.

Zander has Bush blood running through him. This makes him naturally stubborn, bull headed, strong, and determined. With the support of his Mom, Grandparents, Aunts, and Doctors, Zander will be able to accomplish great things. I believe this will all of my heart.

With God ALL THINGS are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment